samba-tng-alpha-1.1.tar.gz

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sun Mar 19 20:49:56 GMT 2000

ok, firstly, make sure that there is read-permission to everyone all the
way up to domainuser.map.

secondly, try just "root" username, removing the domainuser.map.

i just tried smbclient myself, and it worked fine, with _and_ without the
domainuser.map, by the way.

sooo.... how about this:

try:

samedit -S . -U root% -l lo
[$] samuserset mg -p test

then examine the mg line in smbpasswd, it should be like this:
mg:0:01FC5A6BE7BC6929AAD3B435B51404EE:0CB6948805F797BF2A82807973B89537:[U
]:LCT-38D2E810:

check that the password is correct, ok?

also, try this:

samedit -S . -U root% -l log
[$ ] ntlogin DOMAINNAME\username password

this should respond yes or no.

try a correct password as well as an incorrect one.

try an incorrect usename, too.

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Michael Glauche wrote:

> Michael Glauche wrote:
> >
> > Michael Glauche wrote:
> > >
> > > Have some troubles connecting to shares (did not test domain logons yet)
> > > from nt5. lsarpcd tells me about missing sockets (that in the other
> > > post).
> >
> > ahh .. had some trouble reconnecting drives, when using a fresh logon
> > to alpha1.1 it works, but when nt5 has mapped a share, then you can't
> > switch from 2.0.6 to TNG ... *grin*
>
> oops .. wait .. that was another thing ... 2.0.6 was running when it
> worked.
>
> Now .. some more information :
>
> nt5 connect to share as "mg" : works
> nt5 connect to share as "adminstrator" : fails
> smbclient //server/share -U administrator : works
>
> I have a line
>    domain user map = /opt/samba-tng/private/domainuser.map
> with
> root=Administrator
>
> in it, so it should work. (according to smbclient it does !?)
>
> in the logfile I got:
> load_name_map: Scanning name map /opt/samba-tng/private/domainuser.map
> make_name_entry:,administrator,root
> unix_name_to_nt_name_info: unix_name:root
> unix_name_to_nt_name_info: unix gid:0
> unixname = root, ntname = TESTWG\administrator type = 1
>
> but later I got:
> domain_client_validate: check lockout / pwd expired!
> No such user administrator - using guest account
>
> TIA,
>    Michael

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals