samba-tng-alpha-1.1.tar.gz

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Sun Mar 19 20:40:48 GMT 2000

Michael Glauche wrote:

> > Have some troubles connecting to shares (did not test domain logons yet)
> > from nt5. lsarpcd tells me about missing sockets (that in the other
> > post).
>
> ahh .. had some trouble reconnecting drives, when using a fresh logon
> to alpha1.1 it works, but when nt5 has mapped a share, then you can't
> switch from 2.0.6 to TNG ... *grin*

oops .. wait .. that was another thing ... 2.0.6 was running when it
worked.

Now .. some more information :

nt5 connect to share as "mg" : works
nt5 connect to share as "adminstrator" : fails
smbclient //server/share -U administrator : works

I have a line
   domain user map = /opt/samba-tng/private/domainuser.map
with
root=Administrator

in it, so it should work. (according to smbclient it does !?)

in the logfile I got:
load_name_map: Scanning name map /opt/samba-tng/private/domainuser.map
make_name_entry:,administrator,root
unix_name_to_nt_name_info: unix_name:root
unix_name_to_nt_name_info: unix gid:0
unixname = root, ntname = TESTWG\administrator type = 1

but later I got:
domain_client_validate: check lockout / pwd expired!
No such user administrator - using guest account

TIA,
   Michael