samba-tng-alpha-1.0.tar.gz

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sat Mar 18 00:16:13 GMT 2000

michael!  you are a star.

ok, this is a known issue with the domain_namemap.c code.

you _cannot_ have the same username as a groupname or vice-versa on the
unix side.

if you do, the lookups from unix names to nt names will fail, because nt
namespace is expected to be unique, therefore login and access _will_ also
fail.

nt namespace uses unique names amongst users, groups, aliases and domains.
a name is resolved to a SID _and_ a type, therefore must be unique in
order to do this.

check your /etc/group and /etc/passwd: make sure that all non-unique names
are mapped to unique nt names, using the domain user/group/alias/builtin
map options.