Samba-Server as a domain-member

Christopher Friday fridacw at auburn.edu
Tue Mar 14 21:15:49 GMT 2000

	If you add the Samba machine to the NT domain as a BDC and domain
logons=yes in the smb.conf, then it will show up as a BDC in server
manager.  However, it will not perform the functions of the BDC.  I
ran into the same thing.  In fact, if you add it as a "Windows NT
Workstation or Server" and have domain logons enabled, it will show up
as a PDC.  However, this can cause problems if the true PDC is
restarted; the Samba server, of course, is promoted to primary server,
and it just generally gets annoying when you have to add all your
workstations to the Domain again because their machine passwords are
no longer correct.

Chris F.

On 3/13/00, 8:23:56 AM, "Gerhard Schaller"
<gerhard.schaller at kuester.net> wrote regarding Samba-Server as a
domain-member: