Login to domain still failing ...

Anthony Brock abrock at georgefox.edu
Thu Mar 9 03:09:24 GMT 2000

A few minutes ago (6:30 pm PST, 3/8/2000) I updated against the CVS tree,
and am still unable to login to the domain.  While I am unfamiliar with
the rpcclient command, I was able to do the following:

rpcclient -S \. -U abrock%pass
Added interface ip=10.0.0.10 bcast=10.0.0.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
[abrock at .]$ ntlogin IT\abrock pass
ntlogin IT\abrock fhm06l
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.lsarpc/agent failed: Connection refused
socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.NETLOGON/agent failed: Connection refused
cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
cmd_nt_login: login (abrock) test succeeded: No
[abrock at .]$

Is there anything I can do to assist in fixing this problem?  Would it
help if I post a log at a certain level?  Post my smb.conf file again?
Whatever it would take to get logins working again, I would GREATLY
appreciate any assistance!

Tony