Problems printing from Windows 2000

Glenn Newbery Glenn.Newbery at bnd.com.au
Mon Mar 6 23:39:03 GMT 2000

Hi,
We are having problems printing from Windows 2000 to Samba version 1.9.16p11
running on our HP-UX 9.0 machine. Printing currently works fine from NT4.0,
Win9x clients and now we are trying to setup a Win2000 machine and are
running into problems.

The problem is that we are trying to print to a HP 4050N PS printer which is
served by our HP-UX machine. When we set the printer up, it allows us to set
up the network printer using \\<server-name>\<printer-name> however as soon
as we try to print a test page, we get the following message

	Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print trouble
shooter for assistance? Unable to create a print job.

We have done everything that the troubleshooter has suggested without any
luck, does anyone else have any ideas what might be going wrong? Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated, can you please email your
suggestions to me Glenn.Newbery at bnd.com.au

Cheers
Glenn

Glenn Newbery		Email : Glenn.Newbery at bnd.com.au
Systems & Network	Voice : +612 9722 5631
Administrator		Fax    : +612 9772 3830
B&D Australia		Web Page: www.bnd.com.au