problems after converting to NTFS

Stef Hoesli Wiederwald stef at hoes.li
Thu Mar 2 11:55:06 GMT 2000

I use a Linux machine as PDC for our NT network. After I converted C:
on one of the machines from FAT to NTFS, I get this message every time
I log on as normal user:

Incorrect password or unknown username for:

   \\MACHINE\C$

Connect As:
Password:

If I just hit cancel, I am logged on normally. But I get the same
message, If I want to start a program trough a shortcut on the
desktop, which resides in c:\WINNT\Profiles\All Users\.

On http://www.jsiinc.com/TIP1000/rh1016.htm
it says, that one should delete and re-add the machine using SRVMGR. (I
guess this is a program used on Win NT Server?). I tried to delete the
entry for that machine in smbpasswd, re-create it, and let MACHINE
re-join the domain. But that didn't help...

Any other suggestions?

Stef
--
IT freelancer