\\SERVER\NETLOGON\login.bat

Wilson Yau wilson at coms.com
Wed Jun 28 14:10:01 GMT 2000

Hi, everyone!

I've recently migrated a Samba-NT-PDC system from one machine to another
(both running the same hardware & O/S).  During logon, I've got the
following error messages in NT client:

Setting Current Time...
Current time at \\tubby is 6/28/00 2:21 PM

System error 1314 has occurred.

 A required privilege is not held by the client.

Mapping Network Drives to Samba Server 'SERVER'...
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

I had the same problem with time synchronization on the previous
machine, but I could map the network drive there.

Here is my login.bat script:

@echo off

echo Setting Current Time...
net time \\SERVER /set /yes

echo Mapping Network Drives to Samba Server 'tubby'...

net use w: \\SERVER\path-to-share /persistent:no

Could anyone give me a quick answer to 'How to fix these two problems?'

Many thanks,

Wilson