Using NT 4.0 WKS and Novell Client

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at polimi.it
Mon Jun 26 07:30:04 GMT 2000

Darren Hammond wrote:

> This explains why when I try to log a NT4 Terminal Server in to the
> domain it kicks me straight back out, no errors or nothing on a terminal.
> I tried a workstation and got the blue screen. Both had Novell Client
> 4.7.1 on them.
>
> It worked fine after I reloaded NT on the workstation, but then I forgot
> to reload the Novell client in my hurry to try it out.
>
> I think using the MS Novell client will give far more problems than it
> solves. Maybe the time has come for me to go to TNG.
>
> Darren

I'm using M$ Client for novell in a samba controlled environment and all
works fine.
Check that the binding preference is on tcp/ip as binding preference for
novell may disrupt more the election system of Windows machines as the
samba server cannot see elections or messages sent through IPX.

--
Simo Sorce - Integrazione Sistemi Unix/Windows - Politecnico di Milano
E-mail: simo.sorce at polimi.it
Tel.int: 02 2399 2425 - Fax.int. 02 2399 2451