Hiding a Shared Resource !!!

Ricardo Greco rgreco at novaera.com.br
Mon Jun 19 15:57:47 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I've installed samba that comes with Conectiva Linux (A brazilian Red hat Distribution) using Kernel 2.2.14.

I've configured samba using Swat. Everything is working fine, but there is a single doubt :

How must I configure 'smbd.conf'  so that after sharing some folder (eg. folder1), only the group "staff" can view that folder, besides access it. I can restrict access to folder1 (only group staff), but other group members are still viewing it, even not having permission to access it.

How may I Hide a shared resource so that it stays unviwed for those that haven't access ?

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo Greco
Recife-PE Brazil