UID <-> ntuser.dat

Hans Benedict benedict at chemie.de
Mon Jun 19 12:08:47 GMT 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Claus Färber wrote:

> NT stores permissions (ACLs) for the user registry in the registry file.
> When you change the user's uid (and thus the NT GUID too), the user does
> no longer have the permission to read/write his/her own registry hive.
>
> You could actually mount the registry file as an administrator and
> change all permissions.

I just encountered a similar problem. Could you please be a little bit
more specific - how do I find out or change NT UIDs, where does NT store
the ACLs and which registry file do I have to mount for a given user?

Thanks in advance,
                  Hans Benedict
--
Hans Benedict               Chemie.DE Information Service
mailto:benedict at chemie.de   FU Berlin, Inst. f. Chemie