Compile problems for samba-tng...

David Stanaway dstanawa at netventures.com.au
Mon Jun 19 12:01:30 GMT 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> Note that there seems to be a wide misunderstanding of the
> --with-profile option.  Contrary to popular belief, it does *not* have
> anything to do with Windows user profiles.  It actually enables
> profiling of certain Samba code.  (Profiling == keeping stats on how
> often functions are called and/or how much total time is spent in each
> function.)
>
> That is: if you don't know whether or not you want --with-profile ...
> you don't.

Thanks for that,  I thought that it was unusual that it was not a default
option.  It makes perfect sense to me now that you mention that it is the
flag for process profiling which I am aware of, but have not had much
experience with.

The SAMBA_TNG_2_5_GOOD  is that 2.5 Alpha Release that people talk about
isn't it?

Cheers Again.

--
Best Regards