Compile problems for samba-tng...

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Mon Jun 19 08:29:12 GMT 2000

[David Stanaway <dstanawa at netventures.com.au>]
> I also had problems compiling: SAMBA_TNG_2_5_GOOD when I specified
> the --with-profile configure option.

Note that there seems to be a wide misunderstanding of the
--with-profile option.  Contrary to popular belief, it does *not* have
anything to do with Windows user profiles.  It actually enables
profiling of certain Samba code.  (Profiling == keeping stats on how
often functions are called and/or how much total time is spent in each
function.)

That is: if you don't know whether or not you want --with-profile ...
you don't.

Peter