Solaris SAMBA - NT Dom user problem

Ough, Cameron cameron.ough at intel.com
Fri Jun 16 10:55:27 GMT 2000

Can someone help?

I have managed to add my Solaris 8 box running Samba 2.0.6 to the NT domain
as a member (good, so far). Solution was to add the ip address of the PDC to
the hosts file as NetBios could not resolve it.

I have added a user to the local user group, but on restart Samba doesn't
see the network.

The PDC is on a domain called 'SUBDOM1' and named 'SUBDOMPDC1'. The user,
however, needs to log on to a domain called 'DOM1', which I assume should be
the domain listed in SMB.conf?

The local user has the same name and password as he would on DOM1.

Can someone point out the mistake?