Slightly OT: Samba nsswitch integration?

Mayers, P J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 22:42:05 GMT 2000

It's called winbind, and the code is in the current TNG and HEAD branches.
It's not compiled by default - try "make bin/nsswitch", which I think it
correct.

It's highly cool - you get

$> ls -l /tmp
total 740
-rw-r--r--    1 DOM\user DOM\group  277001 Jun  1 00:52 a
drwxr-xr-x    5 DOM\user DOM\group    4096 May 30 23:59 dev
-rwxr--r--    1 DOM\user DOM\group     310 Jun  1 02:15 getscr

All very neat. I don't know the Samba integration stage, but I suspect it's
relatively seamless for the single domain model. I suggest downloading the
(self-documented :o) code.

Cheers,
Phil