Need for FAQ & Howtos about samba-TNG + SWAT problems

Edward Schernau ed at schernau.com
Wed Jul 26 10:24:38 GMT 2000

"EFT.Eric Devolder" wrote:
> I would like first to work with SWAT, but I'm always kicked off ! anyone an
> idea (as there are no logs for swat...) ? My access is always rejected (do I
> have to define an access in smbpasswd file ? )

I'd avoid SWAT.  It has the nasty habit of removing your comments.
It also will insert commands in your share defs if you use the
"copy =" option, which means if you ever STOP using the "copy ="
option, the entries are all still there.

Stay away from the GUI, trust in the command line.
Edward Schernau,		mailto:ed at schernau.com
Network Architect		http://www.schernau.com
RC5-64#: 243249			e-gold acct #:131897