Password sync

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Jul 19 19:21:07 GMT 2000

Paul J Collins wrote:

> Aargh.  I'd forgotten about that one.  Does NT ever
> require the LM hash?

Not when authenticating (IIRC).  However, if memory
serves correctly, unless you disable it, the LanMan
hash will be updated in order to support access from
older clients.  There was one bug I remember (SP5?)
where the LanMan hash would get blanked during a
password change and thus allowing logon from an
older client without a password

jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org