Problem with Office2000/Windows Installer

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Fri Jul 7 00:11:51 GMT 2000

I've sent a couple of messages about this to both of these lists, but I've
never gotten it working.  :-(  I've got details, so I'll post to both lists,
and see if anybody can, or has, made this work.  I've got a share for Office
2000, with 2 sub directories under it, one for disk one, one for disk 2.
When I try to run setup from a UNC (\\blofeld\office2000\disk1\setup), I get
an error message that has a title of
"Installation of System Software Installer LEGO".
The rest of the error said
"o the folder when used also with /T.

/C:<Cmd> -- Override Install Command defined by author
sYou must restart your

	[ok]"

Which is REALLY weird in and of itself.  The second error shows up when I
map a drive, and try to run setup from the mapped drive.  The title bar is
the same, the error says "
LoadString() Error.  Could not load string resource.

	[ok]"

Anybody managed to make this work from a Samba server?  The CD that I'm
using has Office2K with SR1 pre-applied.  Samba is version rpm
samba-2.0.5a-1 on RedHat 6.0 based system.

Here's a section of my smb.conf

[global]
workgroup = ntdom
comment = CD-ROM tower
strict locking = no
share modes = yes
password server = mrbig secundus thumper
local master = no
security = DOMAIN
encrypt passwords = yes
wins support = no
os level = 2
domain master = no
prefered master = no
netbios name = blofeld

;log file = /var/log/smb.log
;log level = 20

;case sensitive = no
default case = lower
;preserve case = yes
preserve case = no
;short preserve case = yes
short preserve case = no

mangle case = yes
;mangled names = yes
mangled names = no

socket options=TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY  SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192

And here's the section for the office2000 share.

[Office2000]
comment = Microsoft Office2000
path = /samba/office2k/
;guest ok = yes
writeable = no

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Sorry for this being such
a long email, it's necessary to provide enough detail.  Thanks,
	Grego