trust between two samba-tng pdcs?

Paul J Collins pjdc at eircom.net
Tue Jul 4 18:04:56 GMT 2000

    Elrond> Well... When I first wrote this, I forgot, that the SIDs

Just to get pedantic, all that is stored in smbpasswd is the RIDs;
when you tag a RID onto the domain SID, you have a user's SID.

    Elrond> are only half the story, the other half are the machine
    Elrond> (or in this case interdomain-trustaccount) -passwords...
    Elrond> Maybe lsasetsecret can be used to do this... somehow...

The passwords for the machine accounts are in smbpasswd.  The
inter-domain trust passwords are, as you say, stored as LSA secrets.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <pjdc at eircom.net> - - - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD