trust between two samba-tng pdcs?

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Tue Jul 4 16:44:03 GMT 2000

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 06:48:18AM +1000, Lauri Mylläri wrote:
[...]
> TODO: verify that the rid exists
> error connecting to oth.er.pdc.ip:445 (Connection refused)
> LSA_OPENSECRET: unknown error
>

> smbpasswd -j is not available anymore (suggests using samedit), so

Luke, what's the right way to get tng to "join" (realy,
trust) another domain from rpcclient?

Or how do you do a normal join to a domain, when you don't
have admin-access to the pdc and so can't use rpcclient
"createuser -j"?

(I'm asking, because you disabled smbpasswd)

> I used the rpcclient to get the SIDs manually.

Well... When I first wrote this, I forgot, that the SIDs
are only half the story, the other half are the machine (or
in this case interdomain-trustaccount) -passwords...
Maybe lsasetsecret can be used to do this... somehow...

Luke?

[...]

    Elrond