[samba-tng] spoolss conversion and others

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Fri Jan 28 22:03:04 GMT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Peter Svensson wrote:

> By switching to a real database (I assume that is what is being done, I
> was too quick with the "D"elete at the beginning of the thread) queuing up
> the incoming changes should be doable if we don't want to stall them
> until the unthrottle.

weelll..... that's a bit of a pain.  by "locking" you will stop EVERYONE
from being able to log in, access new shares etc.

it's a bit like shutting off the pdc!

but if you're happy to have that (netlogond paused; samrd paused; lsarpcd
paused) and the consequences (during idle time), then yes, i'd say it's
possible.

> On an unrelated note: we switched to Main+TNG a week ago and it is oh so
> fast!

really???

whoa - that's amazing to hear.

i'm so pleased.