Versions of Samba

Matthew M Lavy mml1000 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 16:38:04 GMT 2000

Sorry to clutter this list with a boring newbie type question, but I have
been using Samba 2.0.5 happily on Debian/slink for some time for a 30
workstation, 400 user system, but now I want to expunge NT entirely and
use Samba as PDC. I'm aware the code isn't finished and am prepared to
have only partial functionality (although I need stability) and would
ultimately be interesting in starting to help bug-spotting, learning how
some of the code works etc.

However, it seems very hard to get info about which version is what, and
which docs go with what. I downloaded the head branch from the cvs server
(previously I've used a .deb packaged version) and it doesn't seem to do
group or user mapping as expected. Can anyone tell me what I should be
using / trying?

--
Matthew M Lavy BA MPhil ARCM LTCL
Jesus College, Cambridge CB5 8BL