Setting up PDC on two networks

Lars Kneschke lk at NetUSE.DE
Thu Jan 27 12:57:09 GMT 2000

"Van Drie, Matthew" wrote:

> I'm looking to set up a Samba server to be a PDC to two networks. One network will be the public one
> here at my work, the other will be a private network of probably 5 - 6 computers. The server really
> will only have to do its PDCing on the private network, but it must also be seen on the company
> network.
>
> Is it possible to do this with Samba now? If so, where might I go for help or howtos on how to do
> this?
I think so.
You need a wins-server in your network, if you have different
networks. If you already have a Windows WINS-Server, you can use
samba as wins-server.
I have tested samba tng, 1 week ago, in such a environment.
I had a samba tng server acting as pdc, on a solaris machine with
2 ip numbers from different networks. I could use the samba
server from both networks. The samba tng server was also WINS
server. You need a WINS server to get a complete browselist. YOu
must have a working routing, because the samba server anounces
itself to winsserver under his first ip-address.
Hope this helps! Beat if i'm wrong.

Cu
--
Lars Kneschke