Setting up PDC on two networks

Daniel Sandmeier Daniel.Sandmeier at HWK-DO.DE
Thu Jan 27 12:35:51 GMT 2000

Hi there,
I don't know if I'm on the right way, but I think if you use the parameters "interfaces" and "bind interfaces only", you can tell Samba, that the Box has different IP-Adresses. So, I think it won't be a problem to set it up as a Server for two domains. But I'm not quite sure.

[global] interfaces = interface list
allowable values: IP addresses separated by spaces default: NULL
Sets the interfaces to which Samba will respond. The default is the machine’s primary inter-face
only. Recommended on multihomed machines or to override erroneous addresses and
netmasks.

[global] bind interfaces only = boolean
allowable values: YES, NO default: NO
If set to YES, shares and browsing will be provided only on interfaces in an interfaces list
(see interfaces). New in Samba 1.9.18. If you set this option to YES, be sure to add 127.
0.0.1 to the interfaces list to allow smbpasswd to connect to the local machine to change
passwords. This is a convienence option; it does not improve security.

MfG
DerSandos187