status of LDAP support

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Sun Jan 23 16:38:06 GMT 2000

Stephan Duehr wrote:

> What is recommended if I want to build an PDC LDAP now?
> There is no LDAP-support in cvs-main, why?
Don't know!
some days ago was a message from luke, that there are some ldap changes
on the way.

> There were some of you talking about mixing main and tng code
> (using smbd and nmbd from main), is that really a good idea?
So you can have the best of both branches. File- and printservices gets
developed in the main branch, PDC functions gets developed in the
samba_tng branch.

> What about using 2.0.6 for file- und printservice and tng
> as PDC with LDAP for authentication only?
This would be best way, to get the best of all.

Cu
--

Do you like Samba?
Do you know KSamba?