domain map group fail

Vladimir Stavrinov vs at lasp.npi.msu.su
Fri Jan 21 14:11:31 GMT 2000

On  Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:01:50 +1100   Vladimir Stavrinov  wrote:
--------

> On  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:27:55 +1100   Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton  wrote:
> --------
> >
> > log.smb says "domain group map" unknown because you are using cvs main
> > smbd, which knows absolutely nothing about this parameter, and i'm not
> > going to be the one to make it know anything about this parameter, i'm not
> > responsible for cvs main, only SAMBA_TNG.
> >

> If so, how it's possible to make the tandem HEAD+TNG working, I mean, log-in
> to domain as domain admin, as my TNG only don't working now at all?

I have tried to solve this problem with

username map = /etc/domainuser.map
admin users = root

in smb.conf and

root=admin

in domainuser.map, it cause possible to login with username "admin" from linux smbclient but not from NT. I still can login form NT as root, but without administrative rights ( I mean domain admin, not local ).

Oh, all this are wired, not right and useless :-(