domain map group fail

Vladimir Stavrinov vs at lasp.npi.msu.su
Fri Jan 21 12:55:50 GMT 2000

On  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:27:55 +1100   Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton  wrote:
--------

> > /tmp/log is empty. You see: main answer  is "Domain Admins" -> UNKNOWN
> > thats is because log.smb say parameter "domain group map" unknown...  :-(
>
> /tmp/log will not exist.  /tmp/log.client will be empty because you have
> specified "debug level = 0" in your smb.conf file, set this to 100 and you
> will get something.

No. First, directory  /tmp/log exist as I have created it by hand. Next, I
have switched debug level to 100 for a while of this test

> log.smb says "domain group map" unknown because you are using cvs main
> smbd, which knows absolutely nothing about this parameter, and i'm not
> going to be the one to make it know anything about this parameter, i'm not
> responsible for cvs main, only SAMBA_TNG.

If so, how it's possible to make the tandem HEAD+TNG working, I mean, log-in
to domain as domain admin, as my TNG only don't working now at all?

> try cvs main only, and please consider doing a complete checkout, i _know_
> that public cvs has problems once in a while.

This take lot of time, because of huge traffic and cvs frequent abnormal
termination due to something  like "unexpected end of file received from
server". In such circumstances I compelled run cycle like this

until cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.samba.org:/cvsroot co samba > /tmp/samba-cvs.log
2>&1; do rm -fr samba; done &

and wait it's and for a day or more...