Profile Problem

Justace Clutter prophecy at hts-nightvision.com
Thu Jan 20 15:44:17 GMT 2000

Hey all,

     I know that this question has been beat to death on the list and the
other related lists for samba.  I have TNG doing login and the smbd and
the nmbd from the MAIN branch.  I have the settings in my smb.conf file as
follows:

        netbios name = GATEWAY
        logon script = %U.bat
        logon path = \\GATEWAY\profile\%U
        domain logons = Yes

    The problem is when a user logs onto the system all the roving profile
stuff is being stored in the users home directory.  I have tryed variouns
settings and perms on the directory but it always goes to the home
directory.  The system in question is a Win98 Machine.  I dunno.  Has
anybody else had this problem?

Justace