Some questions on PDC support in TNG

Bruce Reed bruce at mergent.com
Wed Jan 19 18:24:00 GMT 2000

I have TNG running as a PDC for a domain of 6 workstations and the samba
(linux) server.  Most everything is working, but I have a few questions:

o Group mapping doesn't seem to work correctly or perhaps I don't understand
the mechanics. I have a file named DomainGroupMap (registered in smb.conf)
with an entry like:
 domainadmins="Domain Admins"
 I thought I should see "Domain Admins" listed as one of the groups in the
User Manager, but it's not there. Should it be? In fact, I don't even see
domainadmins!
o Is there any way to limit the group list to a set of mapped groups? Don't
want to see sys, wheel, daemon, etc.
o I can't manipulate users in the User Manager for Domains. Changing
passwords produces "Access Denied" messages and attempting to add a new user
produces the rather bizarre message "The filename, directory name, or volume
label syntax is incorrect."
o Has anyone created Unix'en init scripts for TNG? There are a lot of
daemons and starting/stopping by hand is tedious. Realize I can easily do
this, but if someone's already done this . . .

Otherwise this version works great as a PDC! Thanks for all of your efforts.