[SAMBA-TNG] using and createing libsmb and libmsrpc

Elrond Elrond at Wunder-Nett.org
Wed Jan 19 17:03:40 GMT 2000

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 03:52:32AM +1100, Mayers, P J wrote:
> Well, I'm kind of assuming that if Luke makes changes to libmsrpc, he's not
> going to change the application level interface (I hope), or he's going to
> use some kind of interface versioning (struct dwSize members for example).
>

> Cheers,
> Phil

Well, programmers try do that, but this is currently not
that easy. There's a reason, why it was called "prealpha".
And currently the memory-handling in the rpc-code is fat
from unified. It's fine, that it seems to work, but there's
still a lot of work here.
And versioning for single functions isn't realy nice in the
current state. If you _realy_ would do it, you would end up
with >20 versions for some functions.

    Elrond