Banner Page

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Jan 18 21:58:37 GMT 2000

At 06:51 PM 18/01/2000 +1100, Christof Hellweg wrote:
>Hi!
>I have the same problem with SuSE 6.3.
>And I have sh in my printcap. What is the problem now?
>Christof Hellweg
>
>> >     I am using Samba on RedHat Linux 6.0. When a page is printed, a
>> >seperate page comes with information about the server, sort of a banner

The -h option to lpr in the smb.conf 'print command' may help but I think
you need to find out what is really happening. (Following suggestions
assume you are printing to 'lp'). Are you are sure that it does not happen
when printing from unix command line (try 'lpr /etc/printcap') ? If that's
OK have a look at a print file. In smb.conf remove the -r option from
'print command' and then from a windows machine print the simplest possible
page. This will leave a printfile in your spool area, try printing it
manually (lpr /var/spool/lpd/lp/AAAZZZ), maybe examine the post script of
the file for two formfeeds.

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au