can't see computers in net neighborhood

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Jan 18 03:29:29 GMT 2000

I had this problem with a number of different Samba installations. In my
case, it was Windows 95 not participating in the browser elections
properly (ie, not at all). What I did to fix it was go around to each
Windows 9x client and view the properties of 'File and Printer Sharing'
and turn the browse master option off. I found that even when Linux has
a high OS level, Windows still won't participate properly in the
elections. I have also found the same problem when F & P sharing is not
installed.

I may be wrong in your case, if so, I'm sure someone will point it out.

Thanks,
Matt