Groups

Keith Lynn lynn at cis.usouthal.edu
Sun Jan 16 04:28:13 GMT 2000

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I am having trouble trying to get
Samba to run three seperate domains. I have different physical interfaces
and assigned IP addresses to them so that they are in the subnet they
should control. However, when I try to check the server with smbclient, I
can only connect to the first one I run. These are the configuration files
I'm using for two of the subnets.

[global]
     netbios name = FCW23
     workgroup = FRESHMEN
     wins support = yes

     domain logons = yes

     security = user

     os level = 34
     local master = yes
     preferred master = yes
     domain master = yes

     encrypt passwords = yes

     smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd.fcw23

     interfaces = 192.168.103.21/255.255.255.0
     bind interfaces only = yes

[netlogon]
     comment = FRESHMEN domain service
     path = /ili2/labs/fcw23/logon
     public = no
     writeable = no
     browsable = no

[share]
     comment = Share directory for FRESHMEN
     path = /ili2/labs/freshmen/share
     read only = no

[freshmen]
     comment = Freshmen directory for EAST21
     path = /ili2/labs/freshmen/freshmen
     read only = no

[global]
     netbios name = FCE19
     workgroup = INFOTECH
     wins support = yes

     domain logons = yes

     security = user

     os level = 34
     local master = yes
     preferred master = yes
     domain master = yes

     encrypt passwords = yes

     interfaces = 192.168.100.100/255.255.255.0
     bind interfaces only = yes

[netlogon]
     comment = INFOTECH domain service
     path = /ili2/labs/fce19/logon
     public = no
     writeable = no
     browsable = no

[share]
     comment = Share directory for INFOTECH
     path = /ili2/labs/fce19/share
     read only = no

I have Quad Fast Ethernet interfaces on my machine and have attached
192.168.100.100 and 192.168.103.21 to two of the interfaces. Is there
something I can do to run Samba simultaneously on these two subnets?
       Keith Lynn