questions for large samba installations

Andrew Tristan atristan at acacia.ucr.edu
Fri Jan 7 00:27:31 GMT 2000

I'm curious to find out what those of you who run large (> 10,000 users
and several hundred domain clients) samba installations do about
passwords (in the abscence of BDC functionality).  I guess I'm
interested in two issues:  one is optimizing access to smbpasswd (or
moral equivalent), and the other is sync'ing passwords on multiple
samba servers.  I understand that LDAP is one possibility, and I
vaguely recall someone mentioning that mysql can be used as a password
repository.  Anyone have any comments?
Thanks,
Andrew

--