Timeframe for domain logon fucntionality

S. Striker s.striker at striker.nl
Thu Jan 6 23:57:11 GMT 2000

Hi,

> If I understand correctly, the HEAD/TNG/whatever branch is currently in a
> state of flux. Could anyone tell me how long it might take until it is
> reasonably stable, or at least in a state where I can just download,
> configure, make and use it, w/o using some complicated approach.

You can do all this right now :-)
Just check out the SAMBA_TNG branch and compile it. Read the source/README
on how to run things. You might also want to consider running smbd/nmbd from
the HEAD branch. There is someone working on a webpage as I recall.

> Also, when is it going to be incorporated into the normal release branch?

When is always the question :-) I think when it's ready and when Luke and
Adrew are done argueing over the future design/features of Samba.

Check the Kernel Cousin for Samba for recent developments taken from
the mailing lists: http://kt.linuxcare.com/KC/samba/

Greetings,

Sander Striker