amazing tng-0.6

markus stephany merkes at t-online.de
Sun Feb 27 10:50:04 GMT 2000

Hello Vladimir,

Saturday, February 26, 2000, 9:22:48 PM, you wrote:

VS> Luck, my congratulations! - tng got new "feature" (once more new): while
VS> login NT say me: "system unable to create profile
VS> \\samba-pdc\\profile.pds". Logon path always setting up to
VS> \\%L\%U\profile, but I first see this for a 2 years. It seems, like %U
VS> substitution not recognized when login start, but when login complete
VS> (with new local profile) share \\%L\%U exist.

VS> And more, I logon as local admin and try load hive
VS> \\%L\%U\profile\ntuser.dat to registry, but it say "path not exist", the
VS> same response in attempt to map drive, while browser itself can read it.
VS> True mystery.

VS> What to do? Wait for tng-0.7?

i have the same problem here with TNG newer than alpha-0.3.
when setting the debug level to 100, i get an error message in
log.lsarpc (cache->policy not found, Error getting policy state...).
in log.netlogon all %U are replaced by an empty string in net_io_r_sam_logon
(make_creds_key), that means the logon script is set to '.bat', and the
profile and home pathes miss the user name.

--
rgds, markus stephany
mailto:merkes at merkespages.de
http://www.merkespages.de