amazing tng-0.6

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Sun Feb 27 16:54:20 GMT 2000

gimme chance to try it out, meself.  this one's quite tricky.  we done a
patch to "fake" this stuf as best as poss, it should actualy work fine.

if you can attempt to run with high log levels and track this yourself,
the critical function that creates the goods (subst %L and %U) is
getsamfile21pwent().

okie?

luke

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Vladimir Stavrinov wrote:

> Luck, my congratulations! - tng got new "feature" (once more new): while
> login NT say me: "system unable to create profile
> \\samba-pdc\\profile.pds". Logon path always setting up to
> \\%L\%U\profile, but I first see this for a 2 years. It seems, like %U
> substitution not recognized when login start, but when login complete
> (with new local profile) share \\%L\%U exist.
>
> And more, I logon as local admin and try load hive
> \\%L\%U\profile\ntuser.dat to registry, but it say "path not exist", the
> same response in attempt to map drive, while browser itself can read it.
> True mystery.
>
> What to do? Wait for tng-0.7?

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals