Diagnosis failed but SAMBA works

Robert Carnecky robert at dbservice.com
Sat Feb 19 23:21:45 GMT 2000

I tried to go through the diagnosis steps and found the steps 4-6 failed with the error message:

   socket connect to /tmp/.nmb/agent failed: Connection refused

Similar error message I got when I created users using rpcclient:

   socket connect to /tmp/.msrpc/.samr/agent failed: Connection refused

What's confusing - my clients (NT,W2K) was succesful created, can logon the PDC, see the resources in the browser, everything seems to work OK. What's wrong ?

Robert