Samba-TNG PDC <- Samba pre-3.0.0 join failed

Alexander Davydenko alex at javad.ru
Sat Feb 19 11:33:44 GMT 2000

it may be known problem, but I couldn't join samba server to samba-tng
controlled domain.

root at rover:/usr/local/samba/bin# samedit -S rover -U root%lala -l
../var/sameditlog -d 100 -W ORG
[ORG\root at ROVER]$ use \\gisgate -U root%fafa
use \\gisgate -U root%fafa

Server: \\GISGATE:      User:   root    Domain:
Connection:     OK
[ORG\root at ROVER]$ createuser gisgate$ -j
createuser gisgate$ -j

SAM Create Domain User
Domain: ORG Name: gisgate$ ACB: [W          ]
Create Domain User: OK
Join GISGATE to Domain ORG
Set $MACHINE.ACC: FAILED
[ORG\root at ROVER]$ use \\irene -U Administrator%lala
use \\irene -U Administrator%lala

Server: \\IRENE:        User:   Administrator   Domain:
Connection:     OK
[ORG\root at ROVER]$ createuser irene$ -j
createuser irene$ -j

SAM Create Domain User
Domain: ORG Name: irene$ ACB: [W          ]
Create Domain User: OK
Join IRENE to Domain ORG
Create $MACHINE.ACC: OK
Set $MACHINE.ACC: OK
[ORG\root at ROVER]$ quit

GISGATE is running Samba pre-3.0.0, and IRENE running NT4.
after that, I got a 512k log from samedit.
On the GISGATE side there is a big log too with :

[2000/02/19 14:15:35, 0]
passdb/smbpassfile.c:trust_password_lock(119)
  trust_password_lock: cannot open file
/usr/local/samba/private/WORKGROUP.GISGATE.mac - Error was No such file or
directory.
[2000/02/19 14:15:35, 0]
passdb/smbpassfile.c:trust_get_passwd(288)
  domain_client_validate: unable to open the machine account password file
for machine GISGATE in domain WORKGROUP.

--
Alexander Davydenko			|
alex at javad.ru, mba_69 at chat.ru		| Moscow, USSR