Roaming profiles with W98 clients

Godfrey Livingstone godfrey at hattaway-associates.com
Fri Feb 18 00:28:08 GMT 2000

Roaming profiles are not broken totally in 2.06 if you read earlier
discussion to this group the change between 2.05a and 2.06 means that in
the on win9x machines you need to put "net use h: /home" in the user.bat
script and enable "login home = \\%L\Profiles\U%" in the smb.conf file
rather than using "login profile = \\%L\Profiles\%U".

On my network 3 x 95 and 2 x 98 the h drive does not show up when the user
explore of this I am pleased so that no tampering is done but profiles do
work in 2.06 admittedly differently than in 2.05a.

Godfrey