NIS and NT PDCs?

Paul Lussier plussier at ne.arris-i.com
Thu Feb 17 14:49:47 GMT 2000

In a message dated: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:45:38 CST
Gerald Carter said:

>For interactive logons, yes there is a GINA replacement
>that will authenticate against NIS.  However, this is not
>what you need to get a NT DC to validate against NIS.

What do I need then, any idea?

What I had hoped to do was set up a Samba file/print server that used server
authentication pointing to this NT PDC, which in turn, authenticated against
the NIS server.

Can this be done?  Is there a better way?

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul