Patch for using AFS with Samba encrypted passwords

Johan Hedin johanh at fusion.kth.se
Wed Feb 16 09:27:23 GMT 2000

I submitted a small patch for using local srvtabs in order to obtain AFS
tockens for Samba using encrypted passwords. This is not as secure
as schemes suggested by among others Allan Bjorklund, but it works
without having to modify the clients. It's sufficient for us with mainly
Solaris workstations and a few NT clients. I think it is as secure as
Samba serving files on a local file system (correct me if I'm wrong
here). The patch is tested on Solaris 2.6 with KTH-krb and AFS 3.5.
Comments for futher development is appreciated.

Johan Hedin

| Johan Hedin                      | johanh at fusion.kth.se             |
| Ph.D. Student and System Manager | http://www.fusion.kth.se/~johanh |