Browsing from other workgroup problem

Ondrej Hanak hanak at IRIS.osu.cz
Wed Feb 16 10:10:52 GMT 2000

Hi all,
can anybody explain why win9x (or i think also NT) from other workgoup
than samba can not see shares through network neighbourhood? Guest account
exists and when i win9x reconnect to same workgroup everything is o.k.
Else win client wants password to IPC$.

Same problem from one NT works to other. I'm logged in on local and i can
not see shares from other NT works. After i fill dialog for login ->
access denied. But i gave that user to user list for this share.

What's wrong? I can not understand this M$ "great ideas"! When i know
username and password, so i'm THAT user. Why does not this work as
smbclient???

madness is coming...
O.H.