Setting File Permissions

Henning Eiben eiben at busitec.de
Fri Feb 11 10:39:17 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm using 2.0.6 (out of my SuSE distribution) as PDC in our company lan. So
far everything works just as expected, there are only a few issues ...

1.
Unfortunatly when I create a file on a samba-share the file is created using
my unix-uid/gid (or the gid I specified in the share configuration), but
things would be easier if files could inherit permissions from the directory
they are created in (just like NT does). Since all users on my linux-box are
in gid '100' and files are created '770' everyone can read everything, but I
want to restrict access based on directories (not on share, otherwise I
would get a ton of shares).

2.
Setting file permissions using my NT Workstations

3.
Looking up user accounts. Whenever I look at my local User Manager (on NT
Workstation), I always get unknown accounts instead of my useraccounts I
added to my local administrator group.

What features are going to be in newer releases of samba?

--
Henning Eiben
eiben at busitec.de                               busitec GmbH