Windows 2000 disconnect drives on Samba

Thoresen Otto otto.thoresen at icl.no
Fri Feb 11 12:55:28 GMT 2000

We use Samba 1.9.16p9 on Solaris 2.5 and 2.6 as a file server.
Accessing the drives from a MS Advance Server 2000 with terminal services.
It works properly. BUT
Some applications has ini and other important files on this drives. After a
while this applications crash, and we can se that the drive is disconnected
in explorer and "net use". Usually we can go in and view the files on the
mapped drive. But it use some time to get up again. Sometimes we also get
the message of wrong username and password. If we try and wait long enough
times, we will always get the drives up again, but we can loose them again
at once or after 1/2 hour

The server also disconnect the drive on a NT server. But this mappings comes
up again wery fast.

Please help me out!

Best regards,
Otto