Sum: The sameNetscape Profile on every machine

Bernhard Ertl ertl at emp.paed.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Feb 9 16:52:21 GMT 2000

> I know what you mean but that´s what I have.
> What I want is, that a new user on a new machine gets his profile without
> setting the path to a server manually
> Any Ideas?

If Z is the server drive. Then you might create a directory like z:\netscape (for every user) and copy
a sample netscape configuration inside.

Then you create one user called Serverconfiguration on every machine which reads its properties from
z:\netscape. So every user gets the configuration from his server drive when chooseing the
Serverconfiguration profile, even if he hadn't ever been at this machine before.

If a user hasn't configured it$ Serverprofile, he gets the sample profile copied in his
serverdirectory. he only has to adjust the username and the mail address.

If a user once adjusted it$ profile on the server, he can get its netscape profile from every machine,
because all the personal data (like username, Mailservers etc.) is read from Z:\netscape

Clear??

Be