Antwort: Re: The sameNetscape Profile on every machine

Andy Polyakov appro at fy.chalmers.se
Wed Feb 9 16:42:18 GMT 2000

> I know what you mean but that´s what I have.
> What I want is, that a new user on a new machine gets his profile without
> setting the path to a server manually
> Any Ideas?
If your setup is policy driven (NTconfig.POL on DC's netlogon share),
then consider throwing following to CLASS USER section:

    CATEGORY "Netscape"
      KEYNAME "Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\UserInfo"
      POLICY "Freeze Profile location"
         VALUENAME "ProfileDirectory"
         VALUEON "Z:\.nt\Netscape\profile"
         ACTIONLISTON
            KEYNAME "Software\Netscape\Netscape Navigator\UserInfo"
               VALUENAME "DirRoot"
               VALUE "Z:\.nt\Netscape\profile"
         END ACTIONLISTON
         PART "Bind Netscape profile to Z:\.nt" TEXT
         END PART
      END POLICY ; Freeze Profile location
   END CATEGORY ; Netscape

It's based upon http://help.netscape.com/kb/consumer/19990708-9.html.
It should be explicitely noted that the page in question mentions
Software\Netscape\Navigator\UserInfo key which we found incorrect
for later versons of Netscape.

Andy.