Trying to do net time /set from logon script

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 05:38:41 GMT 2000

At 04:15 PM 08/02/2000 +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to do net time \\server /set /yes from a logon scipt that runs
>from an NT 4.0 WS machine that has joined a Samba 2.0.6 domain.
>
>NTW complains that the user does not have a required privilege ...

I used a small programme called 'grant' to grant everyone to required
privilege. To quote from the readme.txt file :

Please send comments to andreas.hansson at mbox303.swipnet.se
You can download GRANT.ZIP (15K) from
http://www.franzo.co.nz/hansson/grant.htm
Copyright Andreas Hansson 1997

I use it like this :
k:\util\grant add SeSystemtimePrivilege everyone

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au