Win98 Browsing Problems

Thien Vu thien at ac.housing.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 8 00:35:44 GMT 2000

I'm having two browsing problems. They might be related, I'm not quite
sure. I recently migrated an NT server to Samba PDC, using version 2.0.6.
For the most part, everything works good. (Congrats Samba Team!)

The two problems I'm having are Win98 related.
1) A machine on the local subnet is having problems browsing the domain
although it is pointing to the Samba server as the WINS server. Samba is
configured to be a WINS server. Logging in works fine, but browsing the
domain takes a LONG time, the Win98 machine never spits out an error
message.

2) A machine on another subnet is trying to logon to the NT domain, but it
always spits back an error message "The domain password you supplied was
incorrect..." Both the PDC and 98 are using encrypted password and the
Win98 machine has the PDC as the WINS server (this is the same server as
above)

Thanks for any help!

Thien Vu