HD sectors cylinders

Godfrey Livingstone godfrey at hattaway-associates.com
Tue Feb 8 00:37:15 GMT 2000

I run samba 2.06 on Redhat 6.1 with software raid 1 (mirrored) disks.

I want to install Folio Views 4.1 onto a Samba partition.

Anyway the security in folio asks for the sectors and cylinders when the
database is registered and then checks ever time the database is opened.

When we register the database then 30 seconds latter try to open it
itreports that the database is unregistered, this can happen if the file
postion has been moved.

I am not sure if it is a samba problem or a software raid issue but
knowing if samba reports the sectors/cylinders would be a useful start.

What I want to know is if samba reports the sector/cylinder if asked by
a win9x program and what does it report

Many thanks in advance

Godfrey Livingstone